Posted: October 31st, 2009 | Author: Tadd | Filed under: Uncategorized | 303 Comments »
We are very pleased to announce that Khrystina Dollmann of Mom of 3 Dolls has won our very first contest. As the winner she’ll be receiving a $200 Target gift card. Congratulations Khrystina!! As she said, “Double Woo Hoo!”. We agree!
We are also announcing three additional winners. At Double Prizes we hope to make a habit of always throwing in a little extra. Here are our extra prize winners:
Congratulations to all of our winners!!
We want to thank everyone who participated in our launch contest and helped us get the word out about Double Prizes. Thanks so much. You guys rock! Look for another Double Prizes contest to start real soon now.
Posted: October 6th, 2009 | Author: Gil | Filed under: Uncategorized | 561 Comments »
Today we are officially launching Double Prizes! While new websites launch every day on the web, its not every day that we get to launch one. So we’re pretty excited. We love creating websites and we hope you’ll enjoy this one!
Double Prizes is a pretty simple web site. Its a place where you can find contests and giveaways being offered by bloggers all over the web. If you like to learn about new blogs and enter contests, we can help. If you’re a blogger running a contest and would like to generate some new interest and participation in your contest, you can add your contest to Double Prizes. And we offer this simple service for free.
Are you a blogger or a sponsor? The Double Prizes (DP) Network helps connect bloggers and companies interested in sponsoring online giveaways and contests. Our mission is to help you grow your audience by developing engaging giveaways and contests. Learn more…
Our First Ever Giveaway: $200 Target Gift Card
DoublePrizes.com is giving away a $200 gift card from Target for some holiday shopping for you or your family. (Woohoo!) The contest begins today October 6, 2009 and will end October 27, 2009 11:59 pm PST. The grand prize winner will be notified the next day through email and will have 24 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. The winner will be chosen randomly and will need to follow the give away rules below.
Contest is open to US and Canada residents 13 years and older.
Each comment is counted as one entry to the contest. Some entry types count as multiple entries so enter them separately. For example, if you tweet about Double Prizes, which counts as three entries, you will need to enter a comment three times (”Tweeted about Double Prizes”).
Go to DoublePrizes.com and subscribe to our email newsletter (blue box on the right sidebar) then come back here and add your comment: “Subscribed to the DP Newsletter”. That’s it! And good luck!
Extra entries give you better chances of winning the grand prize. The following extra entries can count as multiple entries. Click on the links for easy access.
- Follow Double Prizes on twitter (1 entry). Example comment: “Followed DP on twitter. My account @username”
- Become a fan on our Facebook Page (1 entry). Example comment: “Became a fan on DP Facebook”
- Grab our DoublePrizes.com RSS Feed (1 entry). Example comment: “Subscribed to DP RSS feed”
- Enter a giveaway or contest you’ve seen on DoublePrizes.com (1 entry). Example comment: “Entered a new contest on doubleprizes.com. Here’s the link: http://www…”
- Join the DP Network (3 entries). Are you a blogger or a company who wants to sponsor online contests? Join the DP Network by subscribing either as a blogger or sponsor or both! Example comment: “Joined the DP Network. Yay! Here’s my blog/company: http://www…”
- Email five friends about DoublePrizes.com (3 entries). Let your friends know about Double Prizes. Sample email: “Check out the latest blog giveaways and contests on http://doubleprizes.com”. Example comment: “Sent email to 5 friends”
- Tweet about Double Prizes (5 entries). If you’re on twitter, let your friends know about Double Prizes. Example comment: “Tweeted about Double Prizes” (Warning: Do not tweet more than once. We want to share Double Prizes to the world but we don’t want to annoy people with multiple tweets. Once is good.)
- Tweet about the DP Network (5 entries). If you have twitter friends who are bloggers or sponsoring companies, let them know about the DP Network. Example comment: “Tweeted about DP Network” (Warning: Do not tweet more than once. We want to share Double Prizes to the world but we don’t want to annoy people with multiple tweets. Once is good.)
- Post a link to DoublePrizes.com on Facebook (5 entries). Example comment: “Link DP on Facebook”
- Post a link to the DP Network on Facebook (5 entries). Example comment: “Link about the DP Network on Facebook”
- Blog about Double Prizes (5 entries). Mention us on your blog and link people to DoublePrizes.com. Example comment: “Mentioned you on my blog. Here’s the link: http://www….”
- And last but not least, give us your feedback about DoublePrizes.com. (1 entry) What can we improve? What would you like to see in the future? What do you like about it? Leave your comment here.
A Donation to Kiva.org
We are going to start a tradition here on DoublePrizes.com: Every giveaway we have on our blog will initiate a donation on Kiva.org. We have seen great success there and want to support this great effort. No donations are needed from our readers. It’s just something we want to do here.
One more thing: Surprise Prizes and Extra Winners
At the end of this contest, we will choose a couple more winners for some surprise prizes at the end. We will email our extra winners the same time as the grand prize winner and you will have 48 hours to respond after which we will select other winners.
We are super excited about this and we hope you will spread the word about DoublePrizes.com. Thank you for participating and good luck!
UPDATE: The contest is now closed and we are tabulating the results. Big time thanks to all those who participated! Look for an announcement here real soon now.